Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cub Scouts......aaahhh!!!!

Yes, yes, yes I know with four boys of my own this was expected to be called to the scouting program. But, after being in primary for 12+ years, I don't know that I am quite ready to "graduate." LOL.
We had our first Den Meeting today! I think we pulled it off. Whew!!!! I was pretty stressed. I am not sure why though, because I have taught these same kids in primary for years, and coached them in T-Ball, and Machine pitch. So it's not like I don't know them! But, I am feeling lots more comfortable now that I have one out of the way. It was actually kind of fun! You get to do silly things, and they think you are cool for it...WOW! When does that ever happen! So we played a game with them with a pillow case full of items that if the whistle blew and you were holding the case, you had to wear an article from it. ONE OF THE BOYS (from the start of the game) WAS HOPING TO PULL OUT A DRESS SO HE COULD WEAR IT!!!!!! He was serious!!! I thought it was a crack up! I loved it. Then we played more games, and familiarized ourselves on what each one needed to pass off. This really could be a fun thing! I am sure I will enjoy this! What a great blessing this will be for my little family. I am very thankful for all of our endeavors that we are given to endure. I know that if I am diligent in my calling and remember what life is all about that it all works out for the best!Hopefully someday I can be even half of the spiritual giant my mom was. I keep her in my mind thru all of my actions, and it helps alot!! ;) I am very lucky to have such a wonderful example!

1 comment:

Kellee and Courtney said...

Think, as the boys grow you and jeff can move up with them. jeff will be able to be in young mens for years. lots of camping, backpacking (I won't be able to come), every tuesday night, two weeks during the summer.

Lots to look forward to.

I must say it is the most enjoyable calling I have ever had.

Keep up the good work.

To sum up our story:

Jeff and I got married on August 14, 1998. We have four beautiful boys and a sweet little girl. We have been married for 13 years. We run a business in Utah called Sprockets. It is a full service ATV shop. It has been Jeff's dream to do since he was a kid (not mine!! ; )) But we keep very busy at it and are glad for the support from the community. This is a great place to live.