Thursday, July 3, 2008

WOW!!! I am loosing it!!

Thursday, June 26th...Kellee and I went to the library for story-time and invited our sweet neighbor to come along. Our usual "Traditional" story-time date is we go to the library, and participate in story-time, then checkout books, and then we go to MacDonald's. Sounds bad when you think about it because there are a total of 8 kids between the two of us....it's really not too bad, we kind of have it down. This time Charity came, mind you she is pregnant with her FIRST baby, but she is a second grade teacher. She has very good patience!!! Here is how it started..... We had to drive our van because Kellee was maxed on her seat capacity in her truck. No problem other than, the air conditioning is out. Well, maybe we will not be in the car too long for it to make a huge problem for us. Well, then after story-time our kids draw prizes if they read all their books for the week, this time they happen to draw coupons for Del taco (Kellee's kids) and Charity says she has never been to In-n-Out Burger. WHICH IS A BIG MISTAKE AROUND KELLEE AND I!!! We love that place. It happens to be right next door to Del taco...see where we went with this!!! YEP!!! We drove into St. George with no air, and only the driver side window rolls down, because the passenger side tends to not roll back up. We get all the kids situated at Del taco. Kellee stays with the kids while Charity and I walk to In-N-Out to get the ADULT Food. Outside was no cars thru the drivethru, WE SHOULD HAVE DRIVEN THRU!!! Inside was everyone!!! Finally we get our food, get back and we all eat.
Then, we get to attempt the errands I have to run. We have to go to Lowe's to get stuff for the garden, and Verizon to get a new phone because mine has finally broke enough that it is not working. We decide to go to Verizon first. We get there, which is actually in Bloomington and we came from Washington where we ate WITH NO AIR STILL!!!! The kids by this point are all wound up from the play place at Del taco, so have no interest in behaving in the quiet cell phone store. Luckily the person we are going to see is my cousin Karl, and there is only one other person in there and he works there...not too bad. Come to find out, the phone I want they do not stock, they have to order (which is a whole new story!!)
Now we get to go to Lowe's, which is in St George on the far east side (Yep we are backtracking, with a pregnant lady, and NO AIR!!) Get to Lowe's and find our section for the tomato blossom spray, and this man starts up a conversation with me about what I think works and what doesn't. Not a big deal; however, my kids by this point are climbing in the shelves, out of control because Mom is distracted, and Charity is like "OK, WOW" she didn't say anything, bless her heart, but I am sure she was thinking it. I had a basket that I had Charger in and Chayden was having issues with staying inside of it!! When I was talking to my new friend, I felt "the basket" brush up against me and I reach out and grab it without looking, out of habit. I finish talking with the man and turn to look at the basket and get a head count for kids at the same time Charity is gently tapping my arm to make me aware of THE BASKET I am holding. IT WAS NOT MINE! It was another man's that is just standing there looking at me. Once I realize, I pull my hand off in sheer embarrassment, and his reply was "it's ok, I would've went with ya!" OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I was so embarrassed!! Charity of course was laughing pretty hard, and I was rushing to gather my children and get out of the store.
We finally make it back home safely, Charity seemed to survive the whole thing, and was very polite might I add. But, WOW, I say, WHAT A TRIP!!! I love it though, and I will miss it one day, I am positive!

No comments:

To sum up our story:

Jeff and I got married on August 14, 1998. We have four beautiful boys and a sweet little girl. We have been married for 13 years. We run a business in Utah called Sprockets. It is a full service ATV shop. It has been Jeff's dream to do since he was a kid (not mine!! ; )) But we keep very busy at it and are glad for the support from the community. This is a great place to live.